Lecturers and scholars inside the department offer teaching in governance, politics and public affairs from its concepts to practical, with expertise ranging from governance and public sectors, democracy, political parties, interest groups to good governance, policy making processes and implementation, without neglecting the system monitoring on sustainable development goals and so on. IGOV joined MBKM for extra in and out-campus activities. For our research activities, they are organized by Jusuf Kalla School of Government and supported by an international institution– Asia Pacific Society for Public Affairs (APSPA).
Being the merely international program in Indonesia which focuses on government, politics and administration affairs, the program offered students vast international chances such as conferences, seminars, and mobility program. Our department and university network provides us a wide range student exchange destinations to many notable international universities. Our worldwide partners include the Korea University, Sun Moon University, China’s SIAS University, Thammasat University, Khon Khaen University, Maejo University, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Universiti Utara Malaysia and many more. It denotes to the fact that we are at the forefront in addressing national and global issues and leading the world.
Hence, come join us and create your bright future with IGOV. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have further questions. We are looking forward to meeting you at IGOV.
Sakir Ridho Wijaya, S.IP, M.IP
Director of IGOV
International Program of Government Affairs and Administration
International Program of Government Affairs and Administration or referred to as IGOV, Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta (UMY) is the most prestigious department in Indonesia which achieved the highest accreditation with A accreditation by the National Accreditation Board-Higher Education (BAN-PT). Lecturers and academics in the Study Program offer teaching in government, political affairs and administration from theory to practice, with expertise ranging from democracy, political parties, interest groups to good governance, policy processes and implementation, and system monitoring on how to - sustainable way and so on. Research activities at IGOV UMY are regulated by the Jusuf Kalla School of Government and supported by an international organization - the Asia Pacific Society for Public Affairs (APSPA).
As the only international program in Indonesia that focuses on government, political and administrative affairs, this program offers students a wide range of international opportunities such as conferences, seminars and student exchanges. The network owned by IGOV UMY offers various student exchange destinations to many leading international universities such as; Korea University, Sun Moon University, SIAS China University, Thammasat University, Khon Khaen University, Maejo University, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Universiti Utara Malaysia and many more. This shows the fact that IGOV UMY is at the forefront in overcoming national and global problems and leading the world.
Vision and Missions
Becoming an Excellent Study Program in the Development of Governmental Sciences Oriented to Smart Governance based on Islamic values for the benefit of the people in the Asian region in 2025.
The missions of the Government Department are conducting:
- Organizing a globally oriented education that is based on Islamic values and smart governance.
- Conducting research in the field of government science that focuses on studies of governance, governance ethics, conflict management, and environmental and disaster management.
- Organizing community service that is relevant to the problems and needs of the community through a contemporary government science approach based on Islamic values.
- Conduct institutional cooperation by prioritizing the principle of mutual benefit.
Reference to the Vision and Mission of Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta, the goal of Governmental Studies Program of Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta is producing graduates who have:
- Scholars who have theoretical and technical competence in the field of government with national and international standards who have strong Islamic basic values.
- Scientific works in national and international publications that are useful for the development of research-based Government Science.
- Service and work that is useful and beneficial for stakeholders, both government, private and community.
We have assembled a creative team of like-minded people who like to challenge themselves and get better with each new case.